Buffalo Chicken Wing Throwdown

Just a quick stop in the middle of watching Bobby Flay's Throwdown - and by the way, he has added a cute new little delivery of the throwdown piece to it (sort of like Dinner Impossible, but who's noticing? OK, I am).

First of all, have I mentioned how much I LOVE the Frank's Hot Sauce? It's the heart of buffalo wing-ness.

Oh. Second of all, I looked up the episode and got the spoiler so I knew that Bobby lost.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_bt/episode/0,2857,FOOD_26696_51100,00.html

But third of all, I got a call from our pal Don, who was recommending his neck doctor, and got all distracted from blogging and TV. So, through the wonders of TIVO, I will go back and view the episode. I can double-task, like watch TV and blog at the same time, but I cannot triple-task, and watch TV and blog and talk on the phone at the same time. $5.95 a month for TIVO. It's the greatest thing ever.

So, back to my point - if I have one - Bobby Flay's Buffalo Wing Throwdown. Since we are addicted to all things buffalo wing these days, it was a great episode.

And here for your amusement is

Joann's Very Popular Buffalo Chicken:

1 value pack of chicken thighs and legs (3 or 4 lbs. worth)
1 package of Shake n Bake Chicken
1 cup of Frank's hot sauce
2/3 cup of butter

Bake the chicken with Shake n Bake according to directions on the package. When it's almost done, in a separate bowl, melt the butter. Add the Frank's hot sauce and whisk. When the chicken is finished, dip the baked chicken into the Frank's sauce. Serve to a very happy family, hopefully with potatoes and a nice green salad.

Labels: , ,