American Idol Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Song Suggestions

It's going to be a little tough this week for the contestants in song selection. LOTS of good songs to pick from.

The key in selecting a song is to get a great song done by someone who sings worse than you. Now, this can be tough when doing the people in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. The other thing would be to change the song to your style, and make it your own. And, let's remember that these people are young, and don't necessarily know all of these artists. Yeesh.

Here are my thoughts.

David Archuleta - I'd love to hear something really gritty from him. Let's do something raw, and show some personality. Although I'm sure it will be Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow," Bruce Springsteen "Born in the USA," or Michael Jackson "Man in the Mirror."

Jason Castro - song selection will be key for him. I'd suggest something like Buddy Holly "Everyday," or maybe the Eagles "Desperado," Prince "Purple Rain," Bee Gees "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart," Simon & Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water" or "The Sound of Silence," or Billy Joel "She's Always a Woman," or James Taylor "Something in the Way She Moves."

David Cook - what can't he sing this week? It's going to be his oyster.

Syesha - well, I'm sure she'll pick a big song already sung by a singer better than her and try to copy it, doing well but not as well as the original. Aretha Franklin "Respect"? Glady Knight "I Heard it Through the Grapevine? But I'd like to hear her song Bonnie Raitt "I Can't Make You Love Me."

Phew. I am exhausted with all of this song strategy work. But, since the AI contestants are all loyal readers of the Blog Adventure, I'm sure it will all be to good use.

Labels: , ,