Crock Pot Tri Tip Roast Recipe

We had a tri tip roast, and no balsamic vinegar around - which means I couldn't do my normal delicious balsamic vinegar and soy sauce roast.

So here's what I did. It came out very well, if I do say so myself. I think the key is, put some salty sauce in the bottom - broth or other combo of sauces - and then herbs on top for a flavorful tri tip, the crock pot will make it soft.

1 3.5 lb. tri tip, with extra fat removed
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water

Put all the wet ingredients on the roast in the crock pot. Then liberally sprinkle seasonings of your choice across the top of the roast. I used:

Italian seasoning
Montreal steak seasoning
Garlic powder
Old Bay seasoning
Peppercorns
Mustard powder

Cook on low for 8 hours. Yum!

Labels: